|Subject||Department Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Associate Professor: Izumi Kusuki, Khan Khaleque,
Lecturer:Taisuke Mori,Haruno Kuroboshi .
Assistant Professor: Miyoko Waratani,Akemi Koshiba,Hiroshi Matsushima,
Shiori Umemura,Fumitake Itoh,Takuro Yamamoto,
Tetsuro Tsugi,Osamu Takaoka,Kohei Aoyama,
Nanami Tsukasaki,Kouki Shimura.
Our department consists of teams of physicians/researchers with highly specialized expertise in every area of Ob-Gyn.
1) Maternal and fetal medicine: As a subcenter of perinatal medical care in Kyoto prefecture, we accept women with high-risk pregnancy or maternal transport anytime.
2) Perinatal remote diagnosis system: We are a member of the perinatal healthcare network consisting of 19 perinatal medical centers across the prefecture, working on remote diagnosis by fetal sonography.
3) Basic and clinical research in endometriosis: To clarify the pathogenic mechanism and establish new treatment strategy, we focus on hormonal environment, immune system, and inflammatory response of endometriosis patients.
4) We are engaged in developing a novel serum marker for early diagnosis of endometriosis.
5) We provide multidisciplinary therapy for severe endometriosis aiming to improve fertility.
6) Gynecologic oncology: Our basic research on cancer development mechanism aims to discover the biomarker and growth-regulatory factor, for early diagnosis and more effective treatment.
7) Oncofertility: We provide the fertility-sparing treatment/surgery for cancer patients in adolescence and young age (AYA).
8) We have accumulated experience of laparoscopic or robot-assisted surgery for gynecologic tumors.9) We are analyzing anti-aging effects of endocrine therapies to develop a new treatment concept.
Mori T, et al. Dienogest reduces HSD17β1 expression and activity in endometriosis. J Endocrinol [Epub ahead of print]
Mori T, et al., G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 agonist G-1 induces cell cycle arrest in the mitotic phase, leading to apoptosis in endometriosis. Fertil Steril [Epub ahead of print]
Suganuma I, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 alpha enhances local estrogen biosynthesis by stimulating aromatase activity in endometriosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99: E1191-E1198, 2014
Ito F, et al. Medroxyprogesterone acetate enhances monocyte-endothelial interaction under flow conditions by stimulating the expression of cell adhesion molecules. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99: 2188-2197, 2014
Kusuki I, et al. Usefulness of moistening Seprafilm before use in laparoscopic surgery Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 24:e13-5, 2014.
Minami T, et al. Antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of norethisterone on endometriotic stromal cells in vitro. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 166:76-80, 2013.
Yamamoto T, et al. Estrogen-related receptor-γ regulates estrogen receptor-α responsiveness in uterine endometrial cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:1509-1516, 2012.
Yamanaka K, et al. Dienogest inhibits aromatase and cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E2 production in human endometriotic stromal cells in spheroid culture. Fertil Steril 97:477-482, 2012.
Kitawaki J, et al. Maintenance therapy with dienogest following gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist treatment for endometriosis-associated pelvic pain. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 157:212-216, 2011.
Mori T, et al. Estrogen-related receptor α expression and function are associated with vascular endothelial growth factor in human cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:609-615, 2011.
e-mail:aoi#koto.kpu-m.ac.jp(please replace # with @)