|Subject||Department of Pediatrics|
Professor: Hajime Hosoi
Associate Professor: Masashi Nishida, Tomoko Iehara, Hiroyuki Ishida, Akira Nishimura, Kitaro Kosaka, Toshiyuki Itoi
Lecturer: Shinji Akioka, Toshihiko Imamura, Kunihiko Tsuchiya, Hisakazu Nakajima, Akane Shikata, Kiyoshi Hirai, Akiko Misawa
Assistant Professor: Shinya Osone, Kazuyuki Ikeda, Tomohiro Chiyonobu, Michiko Aoyama, Jun Mori, Shigeki Yagyu, Yoko Kawai, Mitsuru Miyachi, Tatsuji Hasegawa, Takenori Tozawa, Hidechika Morimoto,Yusuke Tsuma,Norio Nakagawa,
Michiko Yoshida,Rika Hiramoto,Hiroshi Maeda
Division of child neurology: We are studying clinical genetics of epilepsy, neuroscientific analyses of glucocorticoid receptors, barrel plasticity in the developing brain, and neurochemical analyses of mouse model of Rett syndrome.
Division of endocrinology and metabolism: Research on obesity, especially in lipid metabolism; selenium deficiency in glucose metabolism; mass spectrograph on organic acids and acylcarnitine profiles; proteomics in newborns; myoblast transplantation to Pompe model mice.
Division of hematology, oncology and immunology: We do basic research on the relation of transcriptional factor related to the maturity of the lymphocyte and cause of leukemia. We analized the perforin gene in familial hemophagocytic syndrome patients. We are developing the gene diagonosis, such as detection of MYCN amplification in neuroblastoma using serum DNA and PAX3-FKHR fusion genes in rhabdomyosarcoma. We are studing the molecular target treatment of neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma and malignant rahbdoid tumor in childhood.
1. Yamashita S, Chiyonobu T, Yoshida M, Maeda H, Zuiki M, Kidowaki S, Isoda K, Morimoto M, Kato M, Saitsu H, Matsumoto N, Nakahata T, Saito MK, Hosoi H. Mislocalization of syntaxin-1 and impaired neurite growth observed in a human iPSC model for STXBP1-related epileptic encephalopathy. Epilepsia. 2016; 57: e81-6.
2. Ouchi K, Kuwahara Y, Iehara T, Miyachi M, Katsumi Y, Tsuchiya K, Konishi E, Yanagisawa A, Hosoi H. A NOXA/MCL-1 imbalance underlies chemoresistance of malignant rhabdoid tumor cells. J Cell Physiol. 2015 Dec 17. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Kawashima-Goto S, Imamura T, Tomoyasu C, Yano M, Yoshida H, Fujiki A, Tamura S, Osone S, Ishida H, Morimoto A, Kuroda H, Hosoi H. BCL2 Inhibitor (ABT-737): A restorer of prednisolone sensitivity in early T-cell precursor-acute lymphoblastic leukemia with high MEF2C expression? PLoS One. 2015 Jul 14.
4. Yoshida M, Kitaoka S, Egawa N, Yamane M, Ikeda R, Tsukita K, Amano N, Watanabe A, Morimoto M, Takahashi J, Hosoi H, Nakahata T, Inoue H, Saito MK. Modeling the early phenotype at the neuromuscular junction of spinal muscular atrophy using patient-derived iPSCs. Stem Cell Reports. 2015; 4: 561-8.
5. Sakamoto K, Imamura T, Yano M, Yoshida H, Fujiki A, Hirashima Y, Hosoi H. Sensitivity of MLL-rearranged AML cells to all-trans retinoic acid is associated with the level of H3K4me2 in the RARα promoter region. Blood Cancer J. 2014 Apr 25.
6. Sugimoto S, Nakajima H, Kodo K, Mori J, Matsuo K, Kosaka K, Aoi W, Yoshimoto K, Ikegaya H, Hosoi H. Miglitol increases energy expenditure by upregulating uncoupling protein 1 of brown adipose tissue and reduces obesity in dietary-induced obese mice. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2014; 11(1):14.
7. Yoshida H, Miyachi M, Sakamoto K, Ouchi K, Yagyu S, Kikuchi K, Kuwahara Y, Tsuchiya K, Imamura T, Iehara T, Kakazu N, Hojo H, Hosoi H. PAX3-NCOA2 fusion gene has a dual role in promoting the proliferation and inhibiting the myogenic differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma cells. Oncogene. 2014; 33: 5601-8.